Selection Class 17 Sign Up

Home Forums Training and Selection Selection Selection Class 17 Sign Up

This topic contains 45 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Kilroy 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Phoenix
    Keymaster

If you’re interested in joining Zulu-Alpha and eventually becoming a member of a group which executes missions with well oiled teams of operators, you’ll need to sign up here for selection first. Once you’ve made it through the three selection phases, you’ll then undergo the ZA training program, or DTT, after which you will be considered a fully qualified ZA Member. Thats when the fun begins. And once you’re ready to join one of the dedicated teams, then the action starts for real.

We will proceed with scheduling the first phase of selection once we have 3 or more people express interest here. The other phases will be scheduled afterwards, most probably on the same day of the week in the following week, but discussion of all three phases for this class is discussed here.

Please Note: As a ZA Candidate and Member, you are expected to behave in a disciplined fashion, adhere to a set of specific rules, and maintain sufficient attendance at the General Events. If you don’t think you can do that, please don’t sign up.

MeshPotata
    Participant

Hello guys,

i’d be happy to re attempt this again with you guys,
    I do apologize for my absence since my first selection,

My occupation requires that i work evening and night shifts for a few months at a time.
    During this time I wouldn’t be able to attend as much as i would like to, right now i’ll being working normal day shift hours for the next month or so.

Would this occasional absence from end factor in?

I have also had problems with my dsl ISP account not really allowing me to join arma3 servers, I have a temp work around for that now.

Anyway i’d be more than keen to share the Zulu-Alpha experience with you guys again.

One more thing is, I realized i’m currently without a decent working gaming headset, so i’ll get one as soon payday arrives. (Monday the 25th, unless i can use my credit card before then)

regards

Mesh

Phoenix
    Keymaster

Hello!

Welcome back (I hope)!

The intermittent attendance is not a big problem. If you are here consistently for all general events for a decent period of time (2 or 3 months), then you could join a team for that time and then be replaced when you are not available, otherwise you can play as a reserve and fill in vacant slots in missions, which is always useful and it would be nice to have a good extra player around for that kind of flexibility.

Kind regards
    Phoenix

This letter format is a little too formal for a forum BTW 😛

Nuri
    Participant

Sign me up please 😀

Nuri

Matthew
    Participant

Hi there

Wow I’m glad I found a South African Arma 3 community! I’ve watched so many of Dyslexi’s Shac Tac videos and wondered if there was an SA equivalent.

Anyway. I’m very eager to join.

Kind regards,
    Matt

Anz0216
    Participant

HI

Anzio. Requesting permission to join selection

Oxxman
    Keymaster

Guys keep checking in – as soon as Phoenix is ready a new selection course will start

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Oxxman.

Phoenix
    Keymaster

The date on this post will be for the first of three phases of selection. The other phases will be scheduled afterwards, most probably on the same day of the week in the following week, but discussion of all three phases for this class is discussed here.

Please Note: As a ZA Candidate and Member, you are expected to behave in a disciplined fashion, adhere to a set of specific rules, and maintain sufficient attendance at the General Events. If you don’t think you can do that, please don’t sign up.

Date: Monday, 8 September, 2014
    Time: 20:00 form up, 20:30 start
    Signing Up: You will need to register in this topic before 7 September, 2014 . Please note that if you put your name down, you are committing to attend. If you don’t put your name down by 7 September, 2014, you will not be allowed to attend.
    Note: Late comers and people with missing mods will simply be dropped from selection. You are expected to have working TFAR and Arma 3. If you are having issues, find someone to help you sort them out before selection commences. Non-working TFAR is grounds for dropping you from Selection.

There is a pre-selection briefing (see below) at which these things can be sorted out. If you can’t make that, contact me, and make arrangements to test.

We will also be holding a pre-selection briefing on Sunday 7 September, 2014 at 19:00. This will be your opportunity to test your systems and make sure you have the correct mods and settings in place. We will run you through some of the rules and give you a few tips on how you can improve your chances of success.

Matthew
    Participant

Hi there

I understand that we can’t cater for everyone. However I will ask anyway:

I finish an exam at 20h00pm on Monday. There are no reasons why 20h00 on all the following Mondays won’t work.

Would it be possible to join / start at circa 20:45?

Kind regards,
    Matt

Anz0216
    Participant

so , what exactly does selection entail?

Oxxman
    Keymaster

THATS A SURPRISE – wait for the briefing

Phoenix
    Keymaster

@Matthew
    We would already start by 20h30, but I suggest you try join then anyway, as we might start late and we may be able to fit you in without causing problems. I also recommend you come in for the 10 minute or so pre-selection briefing to minimize any problems.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Selection Class 17 Sign Up’ is closed to new replies.