January 20, 2017 at 20:57 #6530
Scheduled for Sunday the 22nd of January 2017
Situation Time: 08h00
Weather: Clear weather, high visibility.
“Welcome back to the grind soldiers. After a month back home I trust you are refreshed and excited to be back in this dust bowl for your next rotation. Well, I have some bad news for you. The militias have returned to hiding in their caves, so we’re stuck playing security to a bunch of goat herders and hemp farmers. There is the odd IED, mortar or sniper, but the guerrilla’s know we have them with their tails between their legs, and direct confrontation hasn’t happened in weeks.
So, on to the briefing…. *ahem*
The U.N. is rotating in some new medical staff as well as supplies for their field hospital in the Bastam Mosque at around 10AM. Hearts and minds and all that… Well I’m certain the guerrilla’s know about this too and they would love to stamp their sandals all over the burning Western aid to give us the finger. We’re expecting them to at least try and place some IEDs or some form of ambush between us, codename Bucket, and the Mosque, codename Sand Castle. Now I’m not saying the UN escorts are useless, they’re just underwhelming… So to save their sorry asses I’m sending you in ahead to patrol, sweep & clear the route.
Those uniforms are looking awfully tight from all that leave, so there’ll be no wheels on this one in the interest of… thoroughness.
Once you get there set up garrison and get comfortable until tomorrow when we’ll send your pickup.”
A. Enemy Forces: An unknown number of lightly armed militia infantry sporting Soviet weapons. Some vehicles fitted with MG’s have been spotted. No reports of armor or air threats. Reports of IEDs and suicide bombers have come in the recent weeks.
B. Friendly Forces: A garrison of NATO troops at F.O.B Bucket. U.N. Installation and personnel at Sand Castle.
1) Equipment: Standard NATO equipment at start.
2) Surveillance: None at ZA’s disposal.
3) Ground Vehicles: None at ZA’s disposal.
4) Fixed Wing: None at ZA’s disposal.
5) Rotary Wing: None at ZA’s disposal.
6) Naval: None.
Other friendly forces: None expected.
C. Civilian Presence: Significant civilian presence. May be armed. Expected to be friendly. DO NOT ENGAGE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!
As CO see’s fit under the following framework:
- For IED’s the following are options:
- Mark the IED with a flag, make a note of it’s grid and relay to HQ.
- Attempt to disarm the IED (if you have an Engineer in your Squad), make a note of it’s grid and relay to HQ
- Destroy the IED with explosives or other weapons if, and only if, it is safe to do so (CIVILIANS + STRUCTURES), make a note of it’s grid and relay to HQ.
- For enemy encounters:
- Engage, clear and send SITREP (with grid) to HQ.
- Sweep buildings immediately surrounding the engagement area (within reason). Do not enter buildings unnecessarily or you risk alienating the civilians.
4. Service and Support
A. SUPPORT UNITS
B. MEDICAL SUPPORT
ZA Handles medical support internally.
C. LOGISTICAL SUPPORT
ZA Handles logistical support internally.
5. Command and Signal
Standard ACE Medical with Revive and standard re-spawn policy
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.