August 30, 2018 at 21:21 #8023
Scheduled for Sunday 2nd September 2018
Situation Time: 06h00
Weather: Clear, unlimited visibility
NATO has spent significant energy in stabilizing the region and establishing a secure foothold in the area. Despite significant efforts, insurgent forces continue to smuggle weapons and explosives into NATO controlled areas, and enact a campaign of terror and ambushes. Locals have identified the mountainous wilds between the towns of Limari and Anyakar as the route used by the smugglers. The mountainous terrain is difficult to control, however NATO has established a small outpost (Puesto Crow) within the region to establish our presence. Puesto Crow has reported pre-dawn sightings on a large group to their East.
Zulu Company, Alpha Platoon has been tasked with investigating the designated mountainous region to identify and destroy any camps or towns used by the Smugglers.
A. Enemy Forces:
Taliban backed mules receive orders & escorts throughout the area comprised of small groups of lightly armed militia. We expect to come across basic camp sites, buildings which act as staging points/caches, light skinned/civilian vehicles etc. High probability of mines, IEDs or VBIEDs in the AO.
B. Friendly Forces: Zulu-Alpha is located at Camp Peloton with Ghostrider.
1) Equipment: Standard equipment.
2) Surveillance: MQ9 Reaper (4 x AGM65)
3) Ground Vehicles: None.
4) Fixed Wing: None.
5) Rotary Wing: 1 x UH-60 DAP, 1 x UH-60 MEV
6) Naval: None
Other friendly forces: U.S. and ANA forces at Puesto Crow.
C. Civilian Presence: There is a civilian presence. They have a neutral attitude to both sides.
- Investigate Puesto Crow’s sighting in the region to it’s East.
- Identify and destroy any facilities and related material such as caches/supplies etc. used by the smugglers in the area.
- Operational window in the AO for ZA closes at 08h00. RTB for debrief.
- Leverage surveillance to identify points of interest in the AO.
- Utilize the movement advantage provided by Ghostrider to maximize the area covered.
- Beware of traps, ambushes, IEDs etc.
4. Service and Support
A. SUPPORT UNITS
B. MEDICAL SUPPORT
ZA Handles medical support internally.
C. LOGISTICAL SUPPORT
ZA Handles Logistics internally
5. Command and Signal
Lythium ,FFAA -> co@16_Operation_Smugglers_Valley_v1.0.0
Advanced ACE Medical and standard re-spawn policy
At least 1 pilot for Ghostrider
1 UAV Operator
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.