September 9, 2018 at 16:58 #8028
Scheduled for Sunday 9 September 2018
Situation Time: 04:00L
Lighting: First light: 05:08L, Sunrise: 05:43L
Weather: High visibility, partly cloudy
The local US Army deployment has been tasked with pushing IS forces back west by taking the town of Kandar (OBJ Haslit), which will then be used as a staging area for future operations against Nefer. US forces are low in number however and IS has pushed up reserves that can be used in a large counter-attack. Fortunately IS communications has been compromised and MI has deduced the enemies defensive strategy.
Command has therefore devised a plan to exploit this advantage and force the enemy counterattack into an ambush with Zulu Company, Alpha Platoon, with the assistance of Bravo Platoon
A. Enemy Forces:
There is a platoon strength infantry force in OBJ Haslit. They are low-quality troops who IS only uses to initiate engagements before they finish the fight with a skilled reserve force.
This reserve force is located throughout Nefer and is approximately company strength. IS prefers to move on foot due to the mountainous terrain. There are 4 routes MI has identified (Marked with A, B, C, D) that is used by IS to move supplies and reinforcements between Nefer and Kandar. MI has overheard that the reinforcements are to stay in Nefer unless Kandar comes under direct attack and that they are to use whichever is the safest of the 4 routes at the time.
Most IS forces are in fortified positions in towns past PL Jammer, with only minor patrols in the mountainous region between PL Jammer and PL Tyrone. Each route has a small camp supporting a 4 man security team securing each path, with each camp being regularly moved. MI believes that every security team for each route that encounters enemy contact, will declare that route not safe and when Kandar comes under attack the reinforcements will not select that route anymore unless all routes have been compromised and that route is deemed the safest.
IS forces also have an AA camp with a ZSU-23 and several MANPADs in the area West of OBJ Haslit but East of PL Tyrone. This camp is also regularly moved and will need to be destroyed to avoid unnecessary risk to air assets.
Nefer has a large garrison and is very well fortified with multiple heavy weapon emplacements, so it should be avoided.
B. Friendly Forces: Zulu-Alpha is located at a barracks in Western Kalae Noowi Airbase. Bravo Platoon is located further West, 2Km East of PL Jammer in an FOB
1) Equipment: Standard equipment.
2) Surveillance: None
3) Ground Vehicles: 8x Quad Bikes, 1x Transport MTVR
4) Fixed Wing: 1x A-10C
5) Rotary Wing: 2x MH-6M MELB
6) Naval: None
Other friendly forces: Bravo Platoon: US Ranger Infantry platoon
C. Civilian Presence: There is a small civilian presence still in Kandar and Nefer. Only some of the population is expected to be sympathetic to IS.
- Destroy the enemy reinforcement company
- Assist in taking OBJ Haslit (it is not required for Alpha platoon to occupy the objective)
- Insert past PL Jammer, find and destroy the enemy AA Camp.
- Manipulate the reinforcements to use 1 of the 4 routes of your choosing by taking overt hostile actions in the other routes (thus compromising them).
- At 05:00, Bravo platoon will attack OBJ Haslit along the Spur from the NE. This will trigger the reinforcements, which you should ambush. It is recommend to use air support from Reaper (1x A-10C), or any other force multiplier that the CO feels is sufficient.
- Further assist Bravo platoon in their attack by eliminating any enemy support, such as mortar support.
- Do not go farther West than PL Tyrone
4. Service and Support
A. SUPPORT UNITS
B. MEDICAL SUPPORT
Medical facility at the barracks that Alpha platoon stays at
C. LOGISTICAL SUPPORT
ZA Handles Logistics internally
5. Command and Signal
Lythium -> co@12_Operation Groundhog_v#-#-#
Advanced ACE Medical and standard re-spawn policy
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.