Cold Response 2020 Phase 5

Join Zulu-Alpha Forums Missions Scheduled Missions Cold Response 2020 Phase 5

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Africa 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Africa
    Keymaster

Scheduled for Sunday 31 May 2020

1. SITUATION

Situation Time: 16 March 2020 at 09:00.

Lighting: Moring, daytime.

Weather:  8°C, partly cloudy with light wind.

Situation: 

Zulu Company, Alpha Platoon is stationed at a small NATO Airfield.  The unit is being deployed early in the morning with WARNORD Cold Response 2020 Phase 5 from OPORD.

The primary purpose of Phase 5 is to “support the invasion of allied troops on an airfield with combined arms”.  The exercise is designed to train co-operations with friendly units in a combined arms scenario.  Each group will attack and secure their own objectives marked as BLOCK A, B and C.  Reinforcements from friendly units in the area can be called in if a unit is overrun during the attack.

Zulu Company, Alpha Platoon is tasked with securing BLOCK A in the southwestern corner of the Russian Airbase.  The airbase is well secured with anti-air weapon systems.  The anti-air weapon systems will need to be destroyed before any CAS air support can be called in.  Besides the plethora of air, anti-air and ground vehicles stationed at the airbase the objective BLOCK A is speculated to host most of the Russian Special Forces, the Spetsnaz and a high ranking Major General.

Zulu-Alpha was chosen to lead the attack on the airbase, and all friendly forces will move in and continue with their objectives once ZA breaks cover.  The weather conditions are neutral during this objective with daylight and low hanging clouds.

Terrain:

The northern region of Chernarus consists of mainly lush forests with snow-covered meadows in-between.  The AO is relatively flat with dense forests surrounding the area.  High peaks surround the airbase, but overall the area does not provide good cover except in the woods or inside the airbase.

The greater AO.
    The Russian Airbase.
    Zulu-Alpha objective BLOCK A.
    The German Bundeswehr objective BLOCK B.
    The British Royal Army objective BLOCK C.

A. Enemy Forces:

The Russian Ground Forces can be expected to patrol the base with teams located north, south, east and west of the station.  Russian Spetnaz teams occupy the southwestern corner of the base; no reinforcements are expected.  The outer perimeter is patrolled, and a high concrete wall surrounds the base.

Russian Ground Forces.
    Action shot of a Spetsnaz squad.

B. Friendly Forces:

Zulu Company, Alpha Platoon is stationed at the Cold Response 2020 NATO Airfield. The British and German forces will be inserting and operating in different areas.  The British Royal Army will assault BLOCK C and the German Bundeswehr BLOCK B.  The friendly forces will initiate their attack on the airbase after Zulu-Alpha.

The German Bundeswehr.
    British Royal Army.

1) Equipment: Standard equipment.

2) Surveillance: 1x Darter.

3) Ground Vehicles: 3x Bradley IFV ERA, 2x HMMWV M2, 2x HMMWV Unarmed, 1x HMMWV Ambulance.

4) Fixed Wing: 2x A-10A Thunderbolt II.

5) Rotary Wing: 2x AH-64D and 1x UH – 60M MEV (Evac only).

6) Naval: None.

7) Artillery: Mk41 VLS and Mk45 Hammer.

8) Friendly forces: The German Bundeswehr and the British Royal Army.

C. Civilian Presence: 

None.

2. Mission:

1. Move to AO with ground vehicles.
    2. Initiate the attack on the airbase.
    3. a) Destroy anti-air assets.
      b) Clear out the southwestern part of the airbase.
    4. Ensure the airbase is secured.

3. General Instructions:

Destroy AA and clear out the southwestern corner of the Russian Airbase.

4. Specific Instructions:

None.

Meta-Mission details:

Chernarus_Winter -> co@16_ColdResponsePhase5_V1-0-0

Medical System:

Advanced ACE Medical and standard re-spawn policy.

Special Mods:

None.

Special Requirements:

None.

5. Author’s Notes:

I want to thank everyone for playing my mini-campaign and all the excellent feedback, this is my final phase of Cold Response 2020 and concludes my take on the military games held in Norway, although the actual Cold Response 2020 was cancelled shortly after the arrival of all the troops due to the risk of Cov-19.  I hope you all enjoyed playing the missions as much as I enjoyed making them for you, and I look forward to exploring new ideas for future missions.

Regards, Africa.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.